The Kentucky Quarter Horse, Appaloosa and Arabian Development Fund (KQHAADF) consists of money allocated to the fund through an excise tax imposed on all tracks conducting pari-mutuel wagering under the jurisdiction of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC). A list of regulatory requirements are available in 810 KAR 7:060
RESIDE: Will your mare reside in Kentucky for at least 120 days from conception until foaling?
FOAL: Will your mare foal in Kentucky?
If the answer to those 3 questions is “YES” then you are eligible and it’s FREE to Register!
To NOMINATE, register your mare that is in foal by filling out and returning the following form:
Along with your nomination form please include the following:
•A photocopy of the horse’s official breed registration papers.
Is my Kentucky Bred Quarter Horse born prior to 2024 ELIGIBLE?
CONCEIVE: Did your mare conceive in Kentucky?
RESIDE: Did your mare reside in Kentucky for at least 120 days from conception until foaling?
FOAL: Did your mare foal in Kentucky?
•A photocopy of the horse’s official breed registration papers that shows ownership and that the horse was foaled in Kentucky.
•An official breed registry shipped semen report or a stallion breeders certificate demonstrating that the horse was conceived in Kentucky and a signed affidavit from the owner of the mare at the time of her pregnancy stating that the mare resided in Kentucky for a period no less than 120 days from conception or embryo transfer implantation until foaling.
•Proper payment in US Funds Only.
* The proposed amendments to 810 KAR 7:060, are pending before the Legislative Research Commission. For more information about the proposed amendments to this regulation, please see the KHRC website at: https://khrc.ky.gov/kar.aspx, or contact Jennifer Wolsing at (859) 246-2040. The KHRC does not guarantee that any proposed regulatory amendments will be promulgated.
- Deadline: February 15th During the Year of Conception
- Late Registration: June 15th During the Year of Conception
Moving Mare out of Kentucky:
- Medical Procedure Deadline: 14 Days After the Mare Leaves the State
- Racing Deadline: 14 Days Before the Mare Leaves the State
- Auction Deadline: 14 Days Before the Mare Leaves the State
(forms are below in Related Documents)