The licensing office at the Kentucky Horse Park is open to the
public. We are also accepting applications via fax, email,
or regular mail. Include credit or debit card information for processing.
applicants: Include a copy or photo of your current driver's license with the
*Authorized Agent Applications will NOT be accepted by fax or email. Originals must be mailed.
If you apply for an owner or claiming license via email, contact
the track at which you seek to make a claim to ensure that your application is
processed as quickly as possible.
Please make sure if you are sending in an Authorized Agent License
and planning on claiming during a current live racing meet please send it
directly to the following:
ATTENTION – KHRC
Kentucky Racing Commission
3733 South Fourth Street
Louisville, KY 40214
To send information to a live
racetrack, use the Fax: 859-202-3510. Faxes sent to the Horse Park office
Fax will not be received after hours or on weekends.
MAIN OFFICE - LOCATED AT KENTUCKY HORSE PARK:
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Kentucky Horse Racing Commission
4063 Iron Works Parkway, Building B
Lexington KY, 40511
RACE DAYS 9:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
3300 U.S. Highway 41 North
Henderson, KY 42420
THE RED MILE:
Race Days 8:00 AM TO 3:00 PM
PLEASE PICK UP LASIX VOUCHERS AHEAD OF TIME
1200 Red Mile Road
Lexington, KY 40504
859-255-0752 Ext. 809 (phone)
How to Obtain a License
Licensing documents are located on the Forms and Documents page.
There are four ways to obtain your Kentucky Horse Racing Commission license.
- Go to the live meet track license office.
- Mail your application along with the fee to the central office.
- Fax application along with a credit card number to the central office or live meet track. *Faxes received at the central office will be processed Monday - Friday.
- Email your application along with credit card information to KHRCLicensing@ky.gov.
- Faxed license applications are accepted at both the central office and the live meet track with a license fee credit card payment option. There is an additional $4 administrative fee for all credit card payments.
- Print one of the licensing applications found on the Forms & Documents page and complete all fields of the application. Please remember to sign and date your application and to include an email address. An incomplete application will delay your licensure.
There is now a fillable license application form available. This requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. You will need to install this on your computer if it does not have it.
- Visit https://get2.adobe.com/reader/
- Download Acrobat Reader (Free)
- Install and Open KHRC License Application using Adobe Reader. Please note, a computer restart may be required after installing
*The form MUST first be saved to your computer to enable the E-signature.
We accept cash, checks, money orders, or credit card payments. There is a $4 administrative fee on all credit card payments and there is a $20 fee on all returned checks. Credit cards accepted are:
- American Express