The Licensing office at the Kentucky Horse Park is closed to the public until further notice. We are accepting applications via fax, email or regular mail. Include credit or debit card information for processing.
To send information to a live racetrack, use the Fax #859-202-3510. Faxes sent to the Horse Park office Fax will not be received after hours or on weekends.
Fax - (859) 202-3510
*New applicants: Include a copy or photo of current driver's license with the application
**Authorized Agent Applications will not be accepted by fax or email.
Kentucky Horse Racing Commission
4063 Iron Works Parkway, building B
Lexington KY, 40511
For questions regarding licensing, contact George Haydon (859) 447-6358
Field Office Hours
9:00AM - 2:00PM
RACE DAYS ONLY
5629 Nashville Road
Franklin, KY 42134
(859) 447-6358 (phone)
(859) 202-3510 (fax)
OPENS STARTING September 16th
RACE DAYS ONLY 9AM - TILL THE LAST CLAIMING RACE OF THE DAY
OPEN ON TWILIGHT RACING (POST TIME 5:00) OFFICE OPENS AT 2:00PM
3733 South 4th Street
Louisville, KY 40214
(502) 638-3815 (phone)
(859) 202-3510 (fax)
The Red Mile
7/4 - 10/10 RACE DAYS | 7:30am - 1:00pm
1200 Red Mile Road
Lexington, KY 40504
(859) 255-0752 Ext. 809 (phone)
(859) 618-6396 (fax)
How to Obtain a License
Licensing documents are located on the Forms and Documents page.
There are five ways to obtain your Kentucky Horse Racing Commission license.
- Go to the live meet track license office.
- Mail your application along with the fee to the central office.
- Fax application along with a credit card number to the central office or live meet track. *Faxes received at the central office will be processed Monday - Friday.
- Email your application along with credit card information to KHRCLicensing@ky.gov.
- Faxed license applications are accepted at both the central office and the live meet track with a license fee credit card payment option. There is an additional $4 administrative fee for all credit card payments.
- Print one of the licensing applications found on the Forms & Documents page and complete all fields of the application. Please remember to sign and date your application and to include an email address. An incomplete application will delay your licensure.
There is now a fillable license application form available. This requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. You will need to install this on your computer if it does not have it.
- Visit https://get2.adobe.com/reader/
- Download Acrobat Reader (Free)
3. Install and Open KHRC License Application using Adobe Reader. Please note, a computer restart may be required after installing
*The form MUST first be saved to your computer to enable the E-signature.
We accept cash, checks, money orders or credit card payments. There is a $4 administrative fee on all credit card payments and there is a $20 fee on all returned checks. Credit cards accepted are:
- American Express