The Licensing office at the Kentucky Horse Park is closed until further notice. We are accepting applications via fax, email or regular mail. Include credit or debit card information for processing.
To send information to a live racetrack, use the Fax #859-202-3510. Faxes sent to the Horse Park office Fax will not be received after hours or on weekends.
Fax - (859) 202-3510
*New applicants: Include a copy or photo of current driver's license with the application
**Authorized Agent Applications will not be accepted by fax or email.
Kentucky Horse Racing Commission
4063 Iron Works Parkway, building B
Lexington Ky, 40511
For questions regarding licensing, contact George Haydon (859) 447-6358
August Field Office Hours
8/4 - 8/6 Tuesday – Thursday
8/11 – 8/28 – Tuesdays - Fridays
9am – 2pm EST
3733 South 4th Street
Louisville, KY 40214
Ellis Park (racing office)
8/1 - 8/30 Fridays – Sundays 9am – 3pm CDT
3300 U.S. Highway 41 North
Henderson, KY 42420
The Red Mile
8/2 – 8/31 Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays 7am – 1pm EST
1200 Red Mile Road
Lexington, KY 40504
859-255-0752 ext 809 (phone)
How to Obtain a License
Licensing documents are located on the Forms and Documents page.
There are five ways to obtain your Kentucky Horse Racing Commission license.
- Go to the live meet track license office.
- Go to the KHRC office located at the Kentucky Horse Park.
- Mail your application along with the fee to the central office.
- Fax your application along with a credit card number to the central office or live meet track.
- Email your application along with credit card information to KHRCLicensing@ky.gov.
- American Express