The Kentucky Quarter Horse, Appaloosa and Arabian Development Fund (KQHAADF) consists of money allocated to the fund through an excise tax imposed on all tracks conducting pari-mutuel wagering under the jurisdiction of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission (KHRC).
Historically, monies wagered on quarter horse, Appaloosa or Arabian races was allocated to the Kentucky Sire Stakes/Kentucky Standardbred Development Fund. In 2009, the KHRC began meeting with members of the industry to discuss the possibility of splitting the monies wagered on quarter horse, Appaloosa and Arabian races into a separate fund from the standardbred wagers. KRS 230.445 was established during the 2010 legislative session and became effective July 15, 2010.
Forms and Deadlines:
Mare Registration Form
- Deadline: February 15th During the Year of Conception
- Late Registration: June 15th During the Year of Conception
Application to Move Mare Out of State Form
- Medical Procedure Deadline: 14 Days After the Mare Leaves the State
- Racing Deadline: 14 Days Before the Mare Leaves the State
- Auction Deadline: 14 Days Before the Mare Leaves the State